•  Topic WotLK
  •   |  Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:23 am 
view posts by this user Offline
  • 1.  WotLK  » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:11 pm
    Reply with quote Post a reply
What's your take on the pally changes?

The last update was so disappointing for me. Changing Art of War from the double judgement damage to the dmg reduction/stun removal made me not like the ret changes as much.

I just hope they remove the having to have better quality gear than the rest of the raid to keep up on dps situation we have now. The old art of war woulda helped with that.

The Blessing of Might going from 20% to 50% is a nice change though.
  • 2.  Re: WotLK  » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:34 pm

Anacin wrote:

I assume that question was to anyone and everyone. If not, sry for jacking your thread.

I did not look through the Ret Tree as well as you have. That 50% sounds awesome! I can imagine the difference this will make for leveling Pally's. I don't want to think about how much 'fun' mine was to level (starting him during a heavily nerfed period). I did go Ret from mid 40's up till 70 and thought I was going to be one of those Pally's that was going to prove everyone wrong and show that they could preform in a raid. I just couldn't get into one to prove it. But that is off topic.

Being Holy, I did look more at the Holy/Prot trees.

I did noticed that Improved Concentration Aura got moved to the Holy Tree (which I think is good). BUT I also noticed that Blessing of Kings and Toughness got moved deeper into the Prot Tree. So far, it looks like it will be more difficult for a Holy or Ret Pally to spec far enough into Prot to reach either of these without sacrificing a lot from their main tree. Honestly, Toughness was more of a way to use points in the Prot tree with the main goal being Blessing of Kings, but now it seems the first several layers aren't as useful to either other tree as much as they were. I know: 'if a tank is doing his job, I shouldn't have to worry about Toughness', but we all know nothing goes as planned all the time and that it is nice to be able to take and hit and survive to continue healing....unlike many of my other healing buddies.

A new talent has also appeared in the Holy tree which allows you to reduce your Holy Light cast time by 1.3 seconds after you crit with Holy Shock. You are able to place 2 talent points here which makes your Holy Light an instant cast after a Holy Shock crit. This may come in handy when a tank suddenly gets low on health. Pop your CD on your free crit, hit them with an instant Holy Shock and follow it up with an instant Holy Light. This should bring them up enough to be able to spam heal Flash of Light to top them off. Not too shabby. :good:

Good topic though Anacin. I would like to hear your thoughts on the new trees as well.
  • 3.  Re: WotLK  » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:18 pm
Well aside from the art of war talent i mentioned being changed majorly I like everything that's coming.

I have a holy pally too on Argent Dawn, I haven't played her for...well for a long time. LVL 70 sittin' in the scryer bank. Oh well. A pally tank is intriguing but..I have a prot warrior on Dalaran I don't like so....

So far my WotLK talent build is 9/5/57

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 3105231051

From reading on the forums Benediction won't be as useful since Seals last 2mins and i picked all those get mana back things in the ret tree. I dunno we'll see though.

I've been on WotLK Wikik watching the channels some of the footage is cool if ya don't mind gettin' a tad of a spoiler
  • 4.  Re: WotLK  » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:32 pm
The crit damage was a bit of a shame, but still pretty good.

But Art of War...

From overpowered to pointless...
  • 5.  Re: WotLK  » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Tadin wrote:
The crit damage was a bit of a shame, but still pretty good.

But Art of War...

From overpowered to pointless...

When I 1st read the change I was like WTF?! That's like a major major change.
  • 6.  Re: WotLK  » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:14 am
Being prot... not a happy camper.

Latest build... I lost 4% HP to gain 1 expertise and 6% crit. I don't like these trade off changes! :mad:

And not to be selfish, but BoSanc... helps every tank class. But it's my talent point spent... if they just removed the "restores rage, runes" part and just made it mana... i'd be happy. Sure druids have motw and thorns... warriors commanding shout (don't know anything about DK), but... why am I there to support there level of tanking? I mean I'm all for completing the area... it's just... arg. I know it sounds childish but I don't feel that I should be brought with to buff the warrior then be told to go heal (not that there's anything wrong with being a healer... but I didn't spend all this time gearing up a tank to NOT tank). And with how it works... warriors will NEVER be rage starved and they have more on-demand abilities... bah now i'm just endlessly ranting. Sorry :sorry:

I want paladins to have more on-demand abilities, for ALL classes. Stop treating us like some leftover class! :banghead:

BoK, and Holy Shock should be made trainable. Replace Holy Shock with "gasp" something useful! And kings should be standard anywho.

Considering the momentum of blizzard fixing paladins... I foresee us still waiting for the expansion following WotlK for some of our most basic fixes to be implemented. And tbh, I don't know if I can wait that long... :beee:

Okay, that's my rant.
  • 7.  Re: WotLK  » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:09 am
not a ret pally, but on my server they are screaming Op.

I myself actually think it's good ret pallies are getting tougher.

I got owned over the weekend by a ret pally with like 200 less gear score than me. This wasn't wow-heroes gearscore but inventory on par.

Good thing about this mod is that I have his gear on hand whenever I want to look at it.
  • 8.  Re: WotLK  » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:40 am
jjj

[ Last edited by Betmen on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total. ]

• 9.  Re: WotLK  » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:42 am

Anacin wrote:

The last update was so disappointing for me. Changing Art of War from the double judgement damage to the dmg reduction/stun removal made me not like the ret changes as much.

I just hope they remove the having to have better quality gear than the rest of the raid to keep up on dps situation we have now. The old art of war woulda helped with that.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
by Betmen

Yea dude i know what you mean. it was before , and it seams its happeining agein. we need to have much bether gear to be close to top dps in raids. and it sucks. Im best geared in my guild(1880 score, next is with 1650) and i still have to give ewrything i have and more to close to top dps. and it sucks.
thess is my armory link
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... r&n=Betmen
  • 10.  Re: WotLK  » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 pm
eny1 have eny coments or opinion about that?
Jump to :